The Delta Module 1 Online Preparation Course is a fully asynchronous online course that provides all of the methodological input and exam technique necessary to fully prepare yourself to take the Delta Module One exam. Please be aware that while other centres offer exam practice courses, which focus solely on exam technique, our courses also include coverage of the complete methodology syllabus tested in the exam. And as it’s asynchronous and online, you can do the course from anywhere in the world and at times convenient to you, as long as you have access to a reliable internet connection.
Each week candidates complete reading and tasks and interact on forums with the other candidates and our experienced Delta tutors to study one of the course subject areas and practice one of the exam questions:
- Introductory session & Paper 1 Parts 1&2
- Writing skills and Written Discourse & Paper 1 Parts 3&4
- Vocabulary & Paper 1 Part 5
- Testing and assessment & Paper 2 Part 1
- Phonology & Paper 2 Part 2
- Approaches and methodologies and Language acquisition & Paper 2 Part 3
- Speaking skills and Spoken Discourse & Paper 1 Parts 3&4
- Grammar & Paper 1 Part 5
- Listening skills & Paper 2 Part 1
- Resources and materials & Paper 2 Part 2
- Reading skills & Paper 2 Part 3
These modules are followed by a full mock exam and comprehensive written feedback from our Cambridge Delta Tutors, ahead of the Delta Module One exam itself, which is held on the first Wednesday of June and December each year.
The input modules take place on an online course wiki and a workload of around 5 – 10 hours a week is envisaged. For a look at the structure and contents of each of the two papers of the DELTA Module 1 exam, click here