International House provides language audits for companies in order to evaluate the level and skills of their employees and relate them to the following globally recognised levelling systems and their descriptors:
- International House World Level System
- IELTS bands
- CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference) bands A1 – C2 and the corresponding can-do statements
- ALTE (Association of Language Testers in Europe)
Format and means:
The level test takes about one and a half hours and consists of:
- A multiple choice grammar and vocabulary test (45 minutes)
- A multiple choice listening test (15 minutes)
- A short written composition (20 minutes)
- An oral interview (10 minutes)
The first three components can be done in a group format. The speaking test can be done in pairs or individually.
The tests are administered and assessed by experienced International House teachers and trainers, ensuring the validity and reliability of the testing process.
Each student is placed into a band on the CEFR framework, which can be easily comparable to the other level systems mentioned above. They will also receive a summary of their skills and language abilities according to the ALTE can-do statements, across the areas od Society and Tourism, Work and Study.
The results are sent to the Human Resources department within 10 days of the tests.